Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Peanut Butter Cake

… the sneaky way!

I was appointed to make a dessert for the Raya Potluck gathering at Nic’s. Unlucky me. Because as much as I love to eat dessert, I had never NEVER made/baked any dessert! Except maybe Red Bean Soup?

Initially, my dear friends were requesting for Tiramisu. But as I read on to the recipes on the internet, I actually need an electric whisk to do it. In fact, electric whisk is a very basic and a must-have tool in baking but I don’t have it, not even the manual one. And I don’t have an oven to save my life. Very pathetic, I know. So I promised myself to must however get an oven for my future kitchen! There are so much things that I can do with an oven! Not to mention, I’ve been longing to have my own kitchen for the longest time! Wait you all, I’m going to wow you all with Pumpkin Bread Pudding and Maple Cheesecake! *downloading recipes*

For the time being, I shall just go for no-bake dessert recipes. I found a Chocolate Truffle recipe on the internet which seems pretty easy to do but while I was looking for the ingredients at Jaya Grocer, I found something even better – the Jell-O Peanut Butter Cupcake box (read: Dessert for Dummies Box). What caught my eyes were the big “No Bake” words on the box! Still need an electric whisk but I decided to try my luck with manual whisk. So alongside with the PBC box, I also bought a manual whisk and a tray.

I was supposed to do a first trial before the day comes but I got no time and I only bought one box! So die-die also cannot fail!


Basically, all ingredients are provided in the box except for fresh milk and butter. The steps are also printed clearly on the box. So what I did was just instructing Chris to follow the steps mix and whisk and refrigerate. Pretty fun actually! I could see Chris was enjoying the whisking job very much :D

I’m sure baking is fun! Omg, I really REALLY can’t wait to have my own kitchen and oven!


So this is the outcome. Ignore the presentation please, thank you. The filling was a little too sweet for my liking but overall, it tasted alright. To my relief, my girlfriends were pleased and a little impressed too (I think). Not after I mentioned to them about the Dessert for Dummies box though. Lol!


I tried to act up as if I’m a baking pro but when they started to ask “What ingredients you used for the filling?”, I answered “Well.. ermm….peanut butter, flour, sugar and….(shit what else?)” and there, I could see Nic was staring at me with a suspicious eyesight and I knew I have to tell the truth! See I told you, I’m sucks at cheating! Sorry girls, I used the shortcut way this time! :P

Again, wait till I have my own kitchen I’ll make you all Honey Glazed Pineapple Cherry Sweet Crumbly Amazing Yummy Tart!!

9 comments:

  1. Joey, you should have followed my tiramisu recipe lah. no need whisk or anything, 30 mins done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did look at your recipe but I thought you said in your recipe, we need to beat the mascarpone cheese with electrick whisk. No? '.'

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, but u can also use hand whisk.. jus takes longer ;P

      Delete
  2. Looks good for a first timer... I love baking but I don't do it regularly for obvious weight reasons, LOL! Hope your dessert was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally got you! Lol! I hope I will not gain weight after I have an oven :D

      Delete
  3. Never try a non-bake cake before, maybe I should ~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur dessert taste marvelous and .. i can't wait for u to have an OVEN!!! i say thank u baby doll in advance 1st yah! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome candypie!! but taste 1st before you say thank you, lol!! XP

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...