Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ishin Japanese Dining, Off Jalan Kelang Lama

Located just right beside the ever busy Off Jalan Kelang Lama, I think it’s pretty easy to spot Ishin even if you are not familiar with this area.



We were seated in this nice and quiet private dining room with a glass window overlooking the bustling road - it was such a contrast. They have an extensive menu, but I think one will only enjoy browsing through it because it is a touch screen menu with photos that’ll make you drool over it! What’s the gadget? Yes, Ipad! In Ishin, paper menu seems so yesterday. Be cautious though, those yummy photos will lure you to order more!

We all were craving for Aburi Toro but luck was not on our side that night as Toro was out-of-stock. Alternatively, we ordered raw Salmon belly to curb our cravings. Although we would prefer to have it lightly grilled but this option is not available at Ishin. The salmon belly was nicely cut and fresh but somehow it was lack of the heavenly taste that I’d normally get from the lightly grilled version.
Salmon Belly

Cold Buckwheat Noodles with Tempura – I’m very much into cold soba lately because it’s the less-guilty option. But of course also because I love the al-dente texture of cold soba and the cooling sensation in my mouth.

Yellow Tail Head and Vegetable Hot Pot in Miso Based Soup – the milky broth was very comforting to the tummy, I couldn’t stop drinking.

3 Taste Mini Chawan Mushi – too cute to resist! 

Cheese Grilled Half Shell Oyster

The foods were at a satisfactory level but somehow, it failed to impress every single of us. There are plenty of Japanese restaurants with similar price range and even better quality. But for myself, nevertheless, I don’t mind to go back again :)

P/s: I have one thing to complain though. My cold soba came very late even we have reminded them for 2 times!

 

16 comments:

  1. I want that miso soup to warm up my tummy to the recently rainy day~

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, there are too many good japanese restaurants out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing is, time (and money)!

      Delete
  3. We ate here once too, the set meals are pretty affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The set meals look tempting but I'm into lighter meal recently. Hehe :P

      Delete
  4. failed to impress you guys? hummph but it does look pretty yummy though. :) I am craving for japanese food, i want MISO SOUP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually overall, it is not bad.. but just now WOW! There are better ones out there. But as I said, I don't mind at all to visit again :)
      Go get your Miso soup fix this weekend or.. NOW! :D

      Delete
    2. :) Yes! Btw, do you know whereabout to go for 7 pax with a rm300 budget in sunway pyramid? besides indon/hk food. My sister is buying.

      Delete
    3. In Pyramid... I can think of Rakuzen and Zanmai. But Zanmai has long queue most of the time. So I'll suggest Rakuzen. Affordable set meals, good environment, good service... haha!

      Delete
    4. Or how about Fong Lye? A Taiwanese restaurant. Got many interesting & affordable set meals to choose! Sure got one that'll tickle your tastebud :)

      Delete
  5. i love this place actually, but the jam in front of the restaurant is really bad along the whole old klang road..

    Latest: Best Milk Ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, you can get your fix elsewhere. A lot of options available :D

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. one day.. try out Sugimoto at hartamas n this one of our (dino n me) secret dine date fav place call.. TOSAYA at wisma cosway building! =D n pls then blog about it! hehe! so i can also read ur opinion about it.. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Sugimoto, I've been there once like... few years ago! haha! Tosaya, alrighty! Wow, secret dine date place huh... keke. Will insert that into my food wish list, lol!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...