Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Antipodean Café, Menara Tan & Tan

Antipodean. I saw this word for like numerous times in the food blogsphere recently. Not exactly recently but maybe a month or two ago and I was so attracted to its Aussie vibe. I was just waiting.. waiting.. and waiting for a chance to go and yay, my food wish was granted last week!


I woke up a little earlier to get ready for my Antipodean experience as apparently, there will be a queue after 11am. With a little help from Google maps, we managed to locate Menara Tan & Tan in a jiffy. We were there 30 minutes later than our targeted time, so we were anxious and expecting a lot of crowd. But it seemed that our worries were silly after all! There was no breakfast crowd, no queue… just 2 tables were occupied. We assumed that the queue up thing only happens at their Bangsar outlet. Perhaps it’s a good alternative for Antipodean-ers who prefer a quieter breakfast experience.


The big gigantic blackboard menu got to be the signature of Antipodean. Reminded me of school! I’m wondering who scribbled those words on the blackboard because it’s so neat and nice! The only con is, you can’t have your sweet time flipping through menu to decide what to order. Standing in front of the blackboard menu for too long will cause weird stares and unsmooth traffic along the pathway. Well at least, this is how I felt.


Among that bunch of yummy-looking breakfast options, I picked Pumpkin & Sweet Corn Fritter with Bacon because first of all, I love pumpkin and secondly, I remember I saw good reviews at Niche before. A safe choice?

As what Michelle said, it had crispy edges which I enjoyed very much. The fritter itself is rather plain tasting, so the bacon plays an important role in adding a kick of flavour to the fritter. I couldn’t finish the whole fritter anyway. In real life, I can eat like a dinosaur! But I hypnotized myself into eating lesser and lighter nowadays. Yes, I’m that desperate to lose some kilos!


SO, Big Breakfast is definitely a no-no for me! Never mind, I can steal some from Chris. Ehehe..
And I just couldn’t stop eating the mushroom! Actually ahemm, I can easily cook that at home. It’s too easy to cook portabella mushroom sauté *smirk*


How could you not order coffee in a café? This time, I dumped my old fling Cappuccino and kick started a brand new affair with Affogato. A new affair is ever so exhilarating, so sweet, so deeply imprinted in the heart… It’s a ♥ at first sight! Bitter taste from espresso + sweetness from vanilla ice cream = a match made in heaven. One can hardly go wrong with this combination. By the way, is this a drink or a dessert? More like a dessert to me. Thanks Chris for recommending this to me! Chris knows my taste bud well, really.


Cappuccino for Chris.

Ending the post with….


The Joey’s Café post :D


11 comments:

  1. Shhh.... don't tell this to people or else this place will be crowded just like Bangsar outlet. I have yet pay them a visit ler.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! No worries, I don't have much reader. Hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Hehe. one drawback is that the parking here is limited, unless you come on a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I was there on a public holiday luckily :D

      Delete
  3. MMhhhh, that cappuccino looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something very satisfying about a cooked breakfast right? ;) Just made some scrambled eggs, toast, sauteed mushrooms and ham this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearty breakfast is the greatest way to start the morning! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You do?? Woo hoo, thank you! ^^

      Delete
  6. I highly recommend their Kiwi Lamb Burger with bacon n cheese, Double Salmon Fishcake and Mixed Salad with Couscous + Haloumi Cheese =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...