Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Birthday : Sage, The Gardens

Sage is one of the few shortlisted restaurants for my birthday this year (2011). Although I went once for my birthday as well last year, but I don’t mind to revisit at all as the foods and environment are great! In fact, I don’t mind to visit regularly like Baby Sumo did (Sage is like her canteen) but it’ll surely burn a hole in our Chris’s wallet if we do so! But RM100.00 net for a set of delightful 3 courses lunch is totally worth every penny. Besides, Sage has my favourite – truffle!



Hoho, Chris had a little surprise for me :) Apparently, they have this 4 courses truffle menu set. Price a little higher than the normal lunch set menu but the amount of the truffle served in each course is quite generous I would say. I was not aware until the 2nd course was served! Maybe I should have noticed during the 1st course as it was different from the normal menu but I was in a high mood I didn’t care much, plus I was away when Chris places order. Well I have say, it is very true that pig loves truffle! Say yay to truffle indulgence!


Soft and warm bread with basil dip.


Egg Mollet of Kampung Chicken on Toast with Shaving Black Truffle and Parmesan Cheese – a nice combination.


Carpaccio of Hokkaido Scallop with Winter Black Truffle and Organic Sakura Cress.


Warm Fedelini Pasta served with Shaving Winter Black Truffle and Parmesan Cheese – The aroma itself has won my heart. The pasta sauce went very well with the truffle. Absolutely yum!


Passion Fruit Sorbet – the perfect palate cleanser. Very refreshing, I want more!


Pan Roasted New Zealand Pink Snapper with Sauce Périgueux – what I love the most about this dish was the zucchini flower! :P


Roasted Marinated Black Cod Fish with Pane of Oyster and Cepe Mushroom Ragout


Before the dessert was served, I still jokingly said “Eh, is it the dessert will also have truffle..?” and I was right! I like the puff at the bottom but I have to say that the truffle in this dessert served more like a garnishing rather than complementing the taste.


Kahlua Bavarois with Coffee Jelly and Mascarpone Cream


Happy Birthday to Pig! *oink oink*

I know I’m rather late but Happy New Year 2012! ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

6 comments:

  1. Oh we went on the same week.. (Boxing Day week!)... we're planning to go try the truffles menu too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, i can't wait to go to sage again this friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sage virgin n would love to break it one day soon.. hope hubby can read my mind like Chris did LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Sumo: I was wondering too if I would have the luck to bump into you! But too bad, you weren't there the same day as mine :) I'm sure you'll love the truffle menu!

    Michelle: Enjoy then! :D

    Nic: Lol, so should I say, faster go and break your (Sage) virginity?? XD Well, of course Dino can read your mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When were u there? I was there on 26th but we were in the private room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was there on 30th Dec... No luck to bump into you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...