Pages

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Sleep : Tasmania & Melbourne

Final post of Tasmania & Melbourne trip, at last! We have had enough of the “Eat” posts. So to end my Tas & Melb trip log, I shall talk about the next human basic needs that comes after eat - SLEEP!



Salamanca Terraces, Hobart - After long hour flights from Malaysia to Melbourne and from Melbourne to Tasmania, we spent our first night resting at Salamanca Terraces in Hobart. It’s a very spacious apartment with 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living room and a balcony overlooking the Salamanca Market which is open every Saturday.


View from the balcony of Salamanca Terraces



Swansea Beach Chalets, Swansea - A lovely cabin by the beach. It was like a dream come true. I had never stayed so near to the beach and had always wanted to stay at somewhere like this where I can walk out to the balcony anytime to enjoy a borderless sea view. But it can be a little chilly during winter especially at night. The cabin is not as spacious as other apartments that we rented but it has everything that we needed. Anyway, Chris and I slept in the smaller room for 2 nights and I’d have to say the room was really really tiny. We barely had space to open up our luggage! Also, one of the bed heaters was not working, so Chris had to sleep in cold…. Pity!



Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village – from sunny beach to freezing mountain! I thought.. “How am I going to sleep tonight, it’s so bloody cold!” but to my surprise, I had the best sleep of the entire trip that night. The reason was simple – the heater in our room was working well! :D Seriously, heater is absolutely important during winter! But of course that’s not the only reason why I slept so well. It was also because of the room was very well furnished, the bed was very comfortable, the lighting was very calming, the ceiling was high and together with the soft music playing on Chris’s Iphone – I dozed off till the next morning and woke up feeling recharged :)



The name of Wilderness Village is not created without a reason. There is actually real wildlife around that area. For an instance, we had Possum and Wallaby visiting us at our balcony. We fed them with sweet corns but they left ‘poo poo’ for us, great!



Oh yes, did I mention that they upgraded us to Premium Spa Cottages for free? Now I know why everything seems so great! Anyway, the only spa facilities that I can see was a bath tub with Jacuzzi. But overall, I can’t find a single fault about this cottage! It’s perfect!



Citadines on Bourke Melbourne – Located in the heart of the city, modern and chic interiors, well-designed kitchen – these are just a few of its winning point. But it all comes with a price tag. This is possibly the priciest hotel/apartment that we have stayed in. Worth it or not – it depends on your personal preference and judgement. But we surely love this apartment to the bits :) 1 night is just too short!



Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank – Location is not the most ideal but the price is very competitive. Though not as new as Citadines but the apartment is well-kept in terms of their cleanliness and tidiness. If I were to find a fault, it would be the cigarettes odour that lingers in the living room although it is clearly stated in their policy that Plum Serviced Apartments is a non-smoking building. Seems like some irresponsible guests ignored the rules.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, Wilderness Village looks like my kind of place, reminds me of a cottage my parents once rented at the Smoky Mountains in Tennesse, USA...

    By the way, it's been WAY too long since I last visited your blog, LOVE the new banner, you look great on that photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love these cottages! :D

    Ya, I've been looking forward for your visit at my blog! Oh thanks! I love that banner too :) I've spent hours doing it over the holidays.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo I noticed you changed your top banner too. So cuteeeee! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Sumo: Thank you! Glad you all like it ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...