Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie

I suddenly came to realize that there is a lot of restaurants that are refurbished from a bungalow house, all which has their own theme and signature. I have been to a few so far and I like the fact that, they are spacious and quiet. Some are even hidden in the mid of the city, which is an adventure to look for them.



Not all is quiet though. For an instance, Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie at Jalan Imbi is full of life!

We were there on a Sunday morning and were pleasantly surprised with the crowd inside despite the early hours (yes, 11am is still early on a Sunday). It was what we called “FULL HOUSE”! We nearly couldn’t get ourselves a table if it’s not the lovely lady who got up quickly when she saw us wandering around for a place to sit. The breakfast time was over (until 10:30am only) but there were a few options of hot meal available.


Garden Salad – complimentary with any hot meal.


Chicken Bolognese Spaghetti – Simple meal that you can cook at home but lazy :P


Margarita Pizza – Basically, it’s a vegetarian pizza with only tomatoes, basil leaves and mozzarella cheese on the top. My first time eating margarita pizza and I LOVE IT! Chris loves it too!


Testing the gooeyness of the cheese :P


Milk Chocolate Cheesecake and Le Caramelis – They say girls have a second stomach for desserts but I think I was not born with one. I always find that towards the dessert time, I’m usually filled to the brim and to finish up the dessert is like a dreadful task.


Fraise, Pistache & Limone Macarons – as sweet as it is. Despite the attractive colours, I don’t really like the macarons here.


Bitter Americano.


A cuppa to end the meal.


4 comments:

  1. I like their mushroom soup, very chunky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only tried the breads here before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that they make decent pasta and baked goods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choi Yen: Ok, must try next time! But Levain is a bit far from my house actually.

    Baby Sumo: Well, you should spare some time to try their pizza when you are there next time :)

    Michelle: Yes, indeed. Add it into your "food spree" list when you are back to Malaysia :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...