Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Eat : Tasmania

Woo hoo! Time for foodies! Hmm, after viewing at the bunch of photos, I think I shall cut it into a few post. Otherwise, it would be too congested to stuff in all into a single post. Sorry, I’m a neat-freak. Even my blog post has to be neat ☆彡( ´ ▽ ` )


Butterscoth & chocolate slice at Salamance Market. It was rather hard to chew and can be too sweet for people who is not a sweet tooth but I enjoyed the rich butterscotch taste.


Richardson’s Bistro at Freycinet Lodge.


Al fresco dining area overlooking the Great Oyster Bay. Chris & I thought dining at their open area was the perfect idea despite the hot sun but no we were wrong! I mean, the view was great but the sun was simply too burning that afternoon.


Grilled west coast salmon served on tagliatelle pasta with pesto and rocket. The salmon was thick enough and cooked till medium rare – perfect. Chris also enjoyed the sundried tomatoes that were tossed together with the pasta. If the pasta can be a little less oily, this dish would be perfect.


Lodge made burgers - Huon aquaculture atlantic salmon with aioli. The salmon patty and burger bun were more to the dry side. I nearly choked as I was rushing to finish it due to time constrain.


Salmon Rillettes with toasts at 41° South. As I’ve mentioned earlier, one of the best meal I’ve had in Tasmania. It doesn’t need to be a 5 star restaurant to have a memorable meal. A simple meal in a tranquil surrounding, with a hint of green grass smell in the air….. that’s all it takes.


Dinner at The Grey Gum at Cradle Mountain. This is Grilled salmon served on a bed of risotto. The risotto was creamy and very comforting. Somehow, it reminded me of chinese porridge.

Are you hungry yet?? Well, I AM!

4 comments:

  1. The butterscotch slice looks nice. I am a sucker for butterscotch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! But really, it's a tad too sweet :/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...