Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fried Mihun

I have promised my colleagues to cook Fried Mihun for them as breakfast. But before that, I need some “rehearsals” to refresh my skill as I haven’t been cooking for 2 months already! I need to have a quick peep at my mini recipe notes on what seasonings to put, well, to be safe.

And here it is…..



Serves 4-5 person
Ingredients:
- Mihun (I prefer Jasmine brand)
- Eggs
- Fish cakes
- Chinese cabbage
- Coriander leaves
- Garlic
- Dried shrimp
- Cili padi

Seasonings:
- Soy sauce
- Sweet soy sauce
- Sugar
- Pepper
- Water

Steps:

1. Soak mihun in water for 15 minutes, drain and set aside. Chop chinese cabbage, coriander leaves, garlic and cili padi. Cut fish cake into slices.

2. Break eggs into bowl, add a pinch of salt and beat until well-blended.

3. Heat up some oil in wok, pour in beaten eggs and allow it to set slightly. When the eggs begin to solidify, use the wok ladle to break eggs into small pieces. Remove the eggs from the wok and set aside for later use.

4. Again, heat up some oil in the wok. Throw in dried shrimp, garlic and cili padi, stir until fragrant. Add in fish cakes, followed by chinese cabbage. Continue stir frying until chinese cabbage is half-cooked.

5. Pour in mihun, eggs and seasonings mixture. Stir fry until all ingredients are well-mixed with the seasonings. Let the mihun soak up the remaining seasonings and we’re done!




Doesn’t look too bad eh? Taste-wise, I think it should taste a bit saltier. Room for improvement we called it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...