Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐), Pavilion


Golden Pumpkin with Salted Egg – Both pumpkin and salted egg are my favorites. Thus I can hardly say no to dishes that combine both together.


Xiao Long Bao – I reckon many of us enjoy testing the durability of its very thin skin by hanging the Xiao Long Bao in the air for a few seconds with a chopstick, before popping them into the mouth. This is part of the fun, isn’t it? The broth inside was very sweet. A high quality Xiao Long Bao I must say.


Truffle Xiao Long Bao – We have had the normal Xiao Long Bao, now here comes the real treat, exclusively only at Din Tai Fung. The additional of truffle brought an extra sweetness to the broth inside the Xiao Long Bao. I couldn’t say I have much knowledge about truffle, but it seems that the usage of truffle has been very popular these days. The only thing I’m sure about truffle is that, it’s rather pricey.


House Special Steamed Chicken Soup La Mian – a bad decision. Not only did the chicken meat was hard, the soup had a strong chicken smell too.


Hot and Sour Soup – Just right for someone who has a low appetite. Not suitable for those who have a sensitive stomach though.


Yam Xiao Long Bao – A complimentary "gift" on your birthday. If you happen to be dining at Din Tai Fung during your birthday, just flash your I/C to them and you’ll get your “Birthday Xiao Long Bao”. The yam filling was not too sweet but the skin was too thick, especially the top part. Tips: If you have ordered a lot of dishes, it is wise not to redeem.

4 comments:

  1. Not a huge fan of din tai fung here. = =

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why? The food doesn't suit your tastebud? Anyway, that was my first time there, just tried a few items on their menu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ordered most of my favorite stuff! Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Sumo: Because I ordered according to your recommendation :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...