Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chris's Mum Birthday: El Cerdo, Changkat Bukit Bintang


Private dining room with Chinese settings.

Celebrated Chris’s mummy birthday at El Cerdo, located at Changkat Bukit Bintang, KL. It is the porkiest place I’ve been to – doorknob with a pig head, cute photos of piglet on the wall, flying pig chime, a handful collection of pig’s figurine on the display cabinet, and of course, a porky-loaded menu. In one word, you can spot a pig everywhere! Literally “The Pig” place.


Hours of waiting..........

It was a looooong evening. Just allow me to calculate the hours we have spent for that entire dinner: 2 hours of travelling time (caught in traffic jam) + 2 hours of waiting for Chris’s family (they were caught in traffic jam too) + 1 ½ hour eating = a total of 5 ½ hours in which, 4 hours were spent on nothing except getting a new high score (of my own record) on “Veggie Samurai”.


Piglet chopping in action.

If you order Roasted Suckling Pig at El Cerdo, there’s a tradition to follow before you can actually eat it. The steps are (as much as I can remember):
1. The lucky one will have to knock the plate on the table for 3 times
2. Chop the piglet 3 times –on the head, centre and butt
3. Make a wish
4. Dump the plate on the wooden bin to break it

Apparently, it is a Greek Tradition where the act of breaking the plate brings a meaning of breaking all the bad things so that only good things remain. That’s what I understand from the waiter’s explanation.


Cesar's Salad.
El Cerdo’s Family Sausage Platter – sausage indulgence.


German Crispy Knuckle – Luckily this didn’t put my pork’s quota to waste (I limit myself from eating too much pork). The fats layer had a Jell-O like texture, I didn’t know I was actually eating a layer of “bad” fats. The skin was undoubtedly crispy.


Griiled Seabass.
Spaghetti with Mixed Seafood in Home-made Prawn Bisque – nothing wow about it. The sauce was rather plain.


Roasted Suckling Pig (half) - Its crispy skin was so seducing but I didn’t eat any of those. I’m sorry but I just can’t bring myself to eat a piglet!

Happy Birthday to you "Oink oink", happy birthday to you "oink oink"....! Lol, that's exactly how they (the waiter team) sing!


Werner’s Special – a twist from the usual birthday cake. The glass was filled with mango sauce, chocolate mousse and raspberry sherbet. A good balance of sweet and sour.


Family potrait taken by a very friendly waiter. A bit blur-ish though.


Cute pig-ass paper bag!

I have taken a day-off on coming Friday! Yay to long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...