Pages

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Birthday Lunch: Sage, The Gardens


Gleeful me :)

This is the place where Baby Sumo has strongly recommended in her blog. She is a big fan of them. Having seen so many good reviews about them, Chris decided to bring me there on my big day :)


Warm bread – I always love to be served warm bread. It can feed my growling tummy (and indirectly reduce the impatience in me) and gives the meal a lovely start even before the starter arrives. We especially love the greenish basil pesto dip. I soaked my bread with the dipping, greedily!


Warm Artichoke Soup with Foie Gras and Sea Scallop – I was blown away. It had a very rich and creamy texture. The flavour was… quite extraordinary for me. Was it the flavour of artichoke? I got no idea, as I’m a dummy when it comes to cooking ingredients. Oh and, this was the first time I had foie gras. As what people always said, it had a melt-in-your-mouth texture. One word – SINFUL!


Fedelini Pasta with Egg Mollet, Winter Black Truffle – This was absolutely gorgeous! By tossing the mollet egg with the pasta, it added an ultra smooth texture and liquid to the pasta. It all just went sluurpsss into my mouth. Not to forget, the winter black truffle had added an extra fine touch to the gorgeous pasta.


Roasted White Pomfret with Zucchini Flower and Coral Sauce – the flesh of white pomfret was firm and flaky. The pomfret skin had a light crisp to it. The zucchini flower looked odd to me at the first sight as I never had something like this. The stalk tasted just like, well, zucchini. I tasted something gummy inside the flower. I think the chef stuffed some mozzarella inside. Odd but lovely.


Ginger and Lime Brulee with Mixed Berries and Almond Tuile – Love the burnt and crunchy caramel on the top of ginger and lime brulee. I appreciate the ginger taste in the crème brulee that had given it a refreshing note.


2 choices of Artisanal and Fermier Cheese – Pardon me, the waiter did tell us the name of both cheese, but I just can’t get my head round their rather complicated name -_- the taste of both cheese unfolded a truth about me – I am not a cheese lover! I do love cheese, but just NORMAL, COMMERCIAL cheese. The yellow colour one was ok but the white one…… I’m sorry but it smells like someone’s hair hasn’t been washed for weeks. I just don't know how to appreciate expensive cheese :(


White or brown? Blossoming.


Some caffeine to end the meal. Stain on the cup, don't stain on my teeth.


Just ignore the river.

Albeit the view was not as spectacular as Tanzini, the entire restaurant was very bright and “white” – an important factor for taking photos. The service was excellent too. Now I totally understand why it’s a favourite restaurant of Baby Sumo :)


The table behind me - was it Boo?

P/s: I think I bumped into a food blogger that looks like Boo, from masak-masak. It occurred to me that she might have been invited to review about their new menu. Haha, it’ll remain an unanswered question.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed the meal at Sage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Looks like an amazing place to celebrate another well lived year. You always look stunning and this time is not the exception.
    By the way, is a that a bracelet tattoo you have? looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also one of my favorites. :D I second baby sumo~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Sumo: Thanks for your wishes and recommendation! :)

    Sunshine: Thanks Sunshine! So sweet of you :) That is a faux tattoo, I like it very much too!

    Michelle: Lol, seems like Sage have many loyal fans huh :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, nice to see you on the Internet. We saw people snapping pixs the other day but weren't sure who. Kinda figured out it must be a blogger.

    Just to clarify, it was not an invited review but lunch among friends to try the winter truffle set as you can see from the blog post.

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Boo! So happy to see you leaving me a comment :D and of course nice to know that it was really you!

    Thanks for the (belated) wishes ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...