Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Nasi Goreng Kampung

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! It’s yet another long weekend at home; even longer if not one of the Hari Raya holidays happen to falled on a Saturday! Rugi one day *sigh* So what have you did so far during the Raya holidays?? Went to a vacation? Balik kampung? Shopping? Hmm, I basically spent the entire day watching TV and cooking! :( How interesting….

Cheer up cheer up, Joey! It’s holiday! As a part of Malaysian, I shall cherish my Raya moment to the bits! I didn’t get any invitation to Rumah Terbuka as I don’t have much Malay friends or neighbours. So to light up the Raya feels, let me present you with one my favourite Malay cuisines – Nasi Goreng Kampung the Joey’s version. Easy to cook and very flavourful!



Ingredients:
- Cooked rice ( u may use overnight cooked rice as well)
- Anchovies
- Cili Padi
- Coriander leaves / Spring Onion

Seasonings:
- Salt

*amount of ingredients – kindly estimate yourself :P If you want it spicier, add more Cili Padi and vice versa.

Steps:
1. Rinse anchovies thoroughly and drain well. Heat oil in wok and fry anchovies until crispy. Set aside for later use.

2. Cut cili padi vertically into half or to save time, pound it with something heavy to make its skin split.

3. Heat some oil in wok, pour in cili padi and let it sauté for a while. Pour in rice and stir with the cili padi. Pour in fried anchovies and coriander leaves. Keep stirring until everything mixes well together.

4. Serve with cucumber ~

Voila! Have a great day ahead! :)

P/s: Forgive me, that’s almost the only Malay dish I’ve cooked and know how to cook :/ Shall start looking for easy-to-follow Curry Chicken recipe ~

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...