Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pasta Zanmai @ Empire Gallery, Subang Jaya

Now that it's our first time at Pasta Zanmai, the adventurous Joey in me is asking me to feed her with something new. Not the usual Clam Pasta nor Bolognese Spaghetti but…. See what she spotted on the menu:


Surumi Squid & Squid-ink Pasta (Ika to Ika Sumi No Pasta)
Squid-ink Pasta? Hmmm, might not unusual for some but for me, it’s quite a bizarre. But this plate of blackish pasta did a good job in leaving a good first impression to a first timer, me. So, it’s not fishy-smelling nor taste weird (not as what I imagined)… It’s good! :) The pasta was cooked until al dente, just the way I like my pasta to be. The only complain? The black stains on my lips! – 3 – *poisonous lips*


Grilled Scallop & Mushroom with Spicy Cod Fish Roe & Mayonnaise Pizza (Hotate to Kinoko No Mentaimayo Pizza) – this is something more normal, haha! I appreciate its crispy thin crust and the juicy fat scallops on top. Hmm, Pasta Zanmai can bake good pizza, too!

Awww, there’s an assortment of fancy desserts in the menu! *drooling* But I can only pick one! :(


Crepe with Green Tea Ice Cream & Red Bean (Macha Crepe) –The only setback for this dessert was the fruits in it tasted a bit sour. Over all, it tasted ok, though I would still prefer wrap-around crepes.

4 comments:

  1. till today i havent tried pasta zanmai.. ipoh dont have i think.. =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken! Never mind, you can always try it when you are at KL! :) You wont regret it ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. pizzas at pasta zanmai are NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they are! Wouldn't mind going back for more :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...