Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May の Melbourne ~ Day 4

Been ages since the last time I visited a zoo. Among a heap of zoo in Melb, I picked Melbourne Zoo because it is the nearest to CBD, just ½ hour drive from the city. The zoo is very well maintained, organized & clean. The zoo is divided into a few sections with its own theme for us to explore them one by one. We saw at least 3 to 4 groups of school children that day, enjoying their ‘Learn & Explore’ trip at the zoo. Thus the supposedly quiet zoo was lifted up with a lot of kid’s cheerful giggles & curious questions as well as teachers yelling “remember to hold the hand of your partner & stay in one line!”

However, it was not a very fruitful day due to:

Koala – was sleeping with its butt facing us! T.T Apparently, they need to sleep 20 hours a day and we probably have missed that precious 4 hours! Huhuhu…

Kangaroo – was lying lazily on the ground =.= mmm, but couldn’t complain. Takkan ask them to jump around 24/7 right.

Penguin – was not there!! Might be sleeping or something… aiks!

Now see why I said it was not a fruitful day, because those were the 3 main animals that I was dying to see in Melb. So can’t blame me on camwhor-ing like a ‘siao poh’ with the teddy koala in the souvenir shop T.T ~ But nevertheless we did gain some new knowledge & experience there for sure.


Sure win if I use this photo to enter ‘Mother & Daughter Look Alike’ contest :D


“I’m busy catching ‘kutu’, no time to ‘layan’ you. Please come another day”


It’s a charming autumn ~


I don’t look like a Gorilla, do I? o.O





Shy to admit that I’m still scared of butterflies flying around me o.O


The temperature is warm inside the butterfly’s farm to suit their habitat. Would love to stay longer inside to prove that I conquered my fear successfully but the camera lens was fogging due to the sudden change of temperature. This is the best butterfly picture I manage to capture in a rush!


Had a quick & simple meal for lunch. My Green Curry Chicken Rice. Just right to warm up my stomach & body.


They call this a Chinese ‘Dim Sim’. Lol, sounds funny.


Burung pipit.. :)


One of the highlights of the zoo – Baby Mali


Emo-ing .. :P


Tempted to do a Bollywood dance here ~


Taking a camwhore break on a carpet of dried leaves…


Basking under the sun





Kangaroo lazing around ==


Spot the animal in this picture! ..........................
It's a koala..... BUTT! Can't even get a good picture of its butt! T.T


Ok kids; let me show you how to differentiate between a female butt & a male butt of a zebra. LOL!


The Sea Lion is showing off its swimming & twisting skills :D


At last, I can hug a Koala... *hallucinating*

On the way back from Melbourne Zoo, Chris stopover at this large & beautiful park at Port Philip. It has a wide & gorgeous lake that stretched along the park. Too bad it was a very windy day, with strong & cold wind blowing. We were freezing. We just strolled around for ½ an hour and can’t wait to jump back into our warm car! Brrr…


Albert Park - a large & beautiful park at Port Philip. It has a wide & gorgeous lake that stretched along the park.


Serenity........


The Point – a restaurant by the lake. Chris thought of having an early dinner here but we were in fact too early as the restaurant is open for dinner at 6pm. I couldn’t bear waiting another hour outside at such a breezy weather, so we have to give it a miss.


The clouds were constantly moving due to the strong wind.


A casual dinner at Nando’s.
Chris: This is the most ‘giam’ & tastiest food I had in CBD so far!
Me:……. this creature can’t live without giam-ness (murmuring to myself)

That night, we went to bed earlier to get enough rest for our GOR trip the next day! Our most adventurous ride by far!

2 comments:

  1. OMG..joey cafe is back for business..!! so happy ;D
    muahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES.... for the moment :P dont know when will close down again... haha! hopefully now will have more time to update my blog :>

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...