Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Quick Lunch at 天津, Ipoh

天津 – is a must-visit kopitiam at Ipoh. Been here 3 years ago and up to this day, I’m still very much infatuated with their signature Caramel Pudding.

Arming with GPS in Chris’s PDA, we found our way to 天津 kopitiam without much effort. As usual, it’s packed with people during lunch time but we manage to find ourselves a table. The first thing I asked the aunty who order drinks was “还有 Caramel Pudding 吗?” (Is Caramel Pudding still available?).
I remember during the first time I was here, they only have one left and it’s not even afternoon yet. End up, we have to share one tiny caramel pudding among 5-6 of us… We get like a small teaspoon portion for each person, merely enough to fill my tongue. Now you can understand why I’m so 紧张..



Caramel Pudding
Ate two of this.. I deserve it after years of waiting. When the pudding melts inside your mouth….Ahh, heaven ~
Thick caramel sauce adds charm to the already-perfect pudding.
Why are puddings so seductive?

As far as I can remember, I had my first pudding at Esquire Kitchen (大人餐厅) where it used to be one of my Aunt Serena favorite restaurant. My late mother attempted to make pudding for us according to a recipe she created wholly based on her own imagination and failed, literally. She used the basic idea of steaming a normal egg and improvised it by adding sugar into it, thinking that it’ll eventually turn out to be a sweet pudding-like thingy. All I can see then was a sweet steam egg full of wrinkles… The taste? You imagine it! :D What a memory I have about pudding…


茶蛋
From the name, I expected it to have a strong taste of tea but to my surprise, the tea tasted rather sweet. But when eaten together with the egg, it’s nice and chilling.


Kueh Teow Soup
Another must-try at Ipoh. Can almost find Kueh Teow Soup in every kopitiam, but I haven’t found my own favorite yet.


Fat & juicy bean sprouts
It’s not just any other bean sprouts; it’s the renowned extra fat and juicy bean sprouts. Those we would normally eat in the city were a B or C grade - malnutrition bean sprouts. Apparently, the quality of water in Ipoh is good, thus healthy bean sprouts are produced.

3 comments:

  1. whr are u? how come stop blog'n!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oppsss.... so sorry.... been busy and lazy lately... :( gee.. and as i told u.. i would rather spend my time on editing photos than blog. Unless i got extra extra time... ><

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello.. followed your link you left in my blog.. :) the caramel pudding really looks super tempting.. yum yummm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...