Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

A.P.P.R.E.C.I.A.T.E

I’m sure everyone on earth know how to spell the word A.P.P.R.E.C.I.A.T.E. But how many people truly understand the meaning of this word?? Sad but true, not many really. We are lucky to be born in a happy family ~ caring parent, sufficient foods on the table and a shelter. Eventually, we took granted of what we have.

Though I’m not born in a wealthy family, I used to be a spoiled brat too. Blame it on my lovely mum. She does everything for us and I took it for granted. I’ll show my “black face” everytime she asked me to sweep the floor. I’ll either do it together with a “black face” or not doing at all! I’ll grumble if she doesn’t wash my school uniform on time. What a bad girl I am ~

This spoiled girl received a wake up call when her mum fall ill for the second time in her life and couldn’t handle heavy house chores. Washing all her own clothes with bare hand was her first ‘assignment’. Though she did wash the dirty dishes after meal all the while but washing clothes?? It was not something she familiar with. She was not lucky because at that time, the old washing machine was not working and her family couldn’t afford a new one. One task followed by another… Slowly, she understood the meaning behind all the effort her mum used to spend on house chores.

Being half the maid in the house now, I must say it’s tough, it’s tiring…. who on earth likes doing house chores anyway? But does that mean we, as our parent child, take it for granted? It’s nice having them doing the chores for us, but the least we can do is, help around. Not just sitting there and watch tv after the meal or left the dirty dishes overnight until your pity mum or dad wash it. Oh my ~ that’s just too much! Unless you can afford to hire a maid, then it’s another story. If that’s how you “appreciate” your parent, I feel so sad for you.

My mum will not be around anymore, I miss her. Circuitously, she taught me a lesson. I’ve learned to be responsible for my own duty around the house. Most importantly, it’s all about appreciating what we have now and not take it for granted. I'm certainly not perfect, I'm still learning.....

Quote of the day: If you want a longer life, don't live in the same roof with lazy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...